4:00 to 5:00 Happy Hour featuring DJ and $3 beers & $5 mix drinks
5:00 to 6:15 The Free Agent Brass Band with Sudan Social Aide and Pleasure Club
6:15 to 6:30 Intermission Mixer featuring DJ RQAWAY
6:30 to 7:50 Russell Batiste and Friends featuring the Wild Tchoupitoulas Posse
7:50 to 8:05 Mixer DJ RQAWAT
People united for Armstrong Park is now accepting art market vendor applications for the seven season of Jazz in the Park. This year concert series runs Thursday, April 16th – June 4th, 2015.
Situated on Armstrong Park’s St. Ann Street promenade, the Jazz in the Park Art Market has enjoyed crowds of up to 3000 to 5000 people on a weekly basis. Attracting all demographics, this 8 week concert series is a favorite among local and regional artisans and spectators, alike. Vending spaces are limited; once gone, they will not make additional space so, apply early.
All work in this category must be 100% original and produced by the exhibiting artist. Offset reproductions of applicant’s original art may be sold, but should represent a very small percentage of the total work on display. No imported goods and or resale items will be accepted.
This is a juried show and as such, previous participation in this festival does not guarantee acceptance. Four digital images are required as part of your application. Image quality is essential and can make a difference in your acceptance, as the jury has only your digital images with which to judge your work. The best image is one that is full framed with the artist’s single work, is well lit and is representative of the body of work intended for exhibition. Your booth image should show your booth as it is set up for exhibition at an outdoor show. Images submitted this year will again be added to a google slideshow to facilitate in the jury process. For those accepted, these same images will be placed in a slideshow to post on the website and social media to create some excitement among the general public about art to be featured at the festival.
There is a $20 Non-refundable application fee (payable by credit card) due along with the online application no later than March 16, 2015.
Those accepted into the Arts Market will receive notification of acceptance along with a contract which will detail all the information needed to confirm participation. The booth fees for those accepted will be three hundred dollars ($300) to be paid and sent in along with the contract by Monday March 16, 2015. Booth sharing is allowed and all artists must be listed on this application. The cost is an additional $25 per additional artist.
1. Read the application in its entirety.
2. Complete the online application form including submission of artwork images and booth display.
3. Images must be submitted to email@example.com and must be less than 2MB
3. Remit $20 application fee payable through Paypal link on People United for Armstrong Park website
4. Do not remit booth fee prior to notification of your selection and receiving your Jazz in the Park Art Market Contract.
The Jazz in the Park concert series will provide:
1. A 10ft. x 10ft.space
2. Security during and after the show
3. Promotion of the Art Market and participating artists
4. Audience of at least 3000 to 5000 people
5. One parking space near concert series site
The Artist will agree to:
1. Secure a special events occupational license
2. Provide your own WHITE 10 ft. x 10 ft. pop-up tent, with all necessary display hardware, signage, promotional materials and transport to the festival site as well as bring your own battery operated lighting(generators are NOT allowed)
3. Staff the booth from 4 pm to 8pm.
4. Supply your own 2A10bc fire extinguisher with proof of current inspection
5. Provide your tent brand along with fire retardant certification, if necessary
6. Submit the contract and payment within a timely fashion
7. Give the series staff notice of any cancellation of participation No later than Tuesday, March 31st, 2015 for a 50% refund.
8. Provide sales report and feedback form to Jazz in the Park at end of the series
For more information call 504-233-4276
4:15 to 4:45 Joseph S. Clark Senior High School Marching Band
4:45 to 5:30 Second Line Parade Featuring the Sudan Social Aid and Pleasure Club and the All for One Brass Band
5:30 to 5:45 Line Dancing by Lady Dee
5:45 to 7:00 Kermit Ruffins and the Barbeque Swingers
7:00 to 7:30 Kevin Stylez performing My Hell of a Life
7:30 to 7:45 African Stilt Walking by Shaka Zulu and the Zulu Connection
7:30 Watch the Saints vs Panthers game in the Jazz Complex
7:45 to 8:00 Rebirth Brass Band plays a couple of songs on the Jazz in the Park stage then leads a second line to our after party and will play their remaining set in the Jazz Complex
8:00 to 9:00 Rebirth Brass Band finishes their performance at the Jazz in the Park 1st Annual Halloween Costume Ball
9:00 to 12:00 Dj Quickie Mart on the wheels and steels
Armstrong Park has several lights in a state of disrepair that leaves the park very dark at night. On Thursdays, we rent lights and generators to make sure our Jazz in the Park events are well lit, but on all other days the park is shrouded in darkness. Today, we will be collecting donations at the entrances to Jazz in the Park and will be passing the the donation buckets through out the crowd. Our goal is to raise $10,000 and we will give updates throughout the show on our progress. Please help us raise money to restore the lights in Armstrong Park so that we can safely illuminate our community park 365 days per year.
We are also hosting an after party featuring Rebirth Brass Band and DJ Quickie Mart inside of the Jazz Complex inside of Armstrong Park. Suggested donation is $5 and all proceeds generated will go towards restoring the lights. We will be broadcasting the Saints game in the Jazz Complex as well.
Guests who attend our after party will have to exit through the St. Phillip Gate at the end of our after party. We will provide extra lights and security at the St. Phillip gate entrance and will have security on Rampart Street. Our French Quarter guests are encouraged to walk in groups to their French Quarter destinations.
The Theater operators of the Mahaila Jackson theater (Ace Theatrical Group) will be charging $15 for parking because there is an event at the Mahalia Jackson theater. None of our Jazz in the Park guests will be allowed to park in the parking lots without paying.